How do I delete a category?
To delete a category:
- Go to 'Manage Settings' (bottom of the sidebar menu) and then click 'Income and Expenditure Categories'
- Select the fund the category is in, then scroll down to either the 'Income' or 'Expenditure' table.
- Click the 'delete' icon next to the category you want to delete
Note: you can only delete a category that has no transactions allocated to it AND where the category doesn't exist in any future financial years (e.g. you can't delete a category from 2020 if it exists in 2021)
To delete a category with transactions, you will first need to re-allocate the transactions to other categories. To do this:
- Go to 'Financial Reports' (sidebar Menu), then click 'Summary (by Fund)'
- Select the fund and category to view transactions that need moving
- Click on each transaction and update the fund/category of these
Note: if there are no transactions allocated to the category you are wanting to delete, and the category doesn't exist in any future financial years (e.g. you can't delete a category from 2020 if it exists in 2021) but it still isn't showing as available for deletion, then it is likely you have deleted purchases allocated to this category. Please go back to the 'Summary (by Fund)' report, select the fund and category in question, copy the URL of the page (e.g. https://expenseplus.co.uk/charity/reports/financial/ie-transactions-by-category/fund/1/category/219/year/2021-01-01/month/all/group/all) and send our support team a message with this URL (click 'send us a message' at the top of this screen).