What are donor tags?
Donor Tags are a brilliant way of creating donor groups/subgroups, which you can then use as a filter within donation reports and within the manage donor screen.
For example, you may have donors that donate to your church, and other donors who donate to your foodbank. Donor tags will allow you to assign a tag of 'church' to the donors who give to your church and 'foodbank' to those who give to your foodbank (and both tags to the donors who donate to both). In addition, you might wish to identify large donors with a donor tag of 'key donor' which you assign to these donors.
Using donor tags will enable you to filter by these within your donation reports - keep reading to find out more!
Setting Up Donor Tags
Before getting started, you first need to create Donor Tags. Click the 'cog' icon at the top right of the manage donor screen to get to the donor setting screen
Within the donor settings screen, select the 'Donor Tags' view, and then add the donor tags you wish to set up.
Assigning Donor Tags to Donors
Donor Tags are assigned within the add/edit donor screen (within the Manage Donor Screen (Donor Details view).
Click the 'apply tags' button at the top of the screen.
Then, within the Apply Donor Tags screen, select the donors you wish to tag with each tag (you can assign multiple tags to a donor).
Filtering by Donor Tags within Donation Reports
Setting up donor tags will enable you to filter particular groups/sub-groups of donors within your donation reports and within the manage donor screen.
The donor tags popup has a number of different ways you can filter donors
- No Filter (include all donors) - this removes any donor tag filters, to show all donors (whether they have a tag or not)
- Donors with any of the selected Donor Tags - this is an 'or' filter, for example, you might wish to filter donors with the tag of 'Church' OR 'Foodbank' (any church or foodbank donors)
- Donors with all of the selected Donor Tags - this is an 'and' filter, for example, you might wish to filter donors with the tag of 'Church' AND 'Key Donor' (just for the the key church donors)
Deactivating & Deleting Donor Tags
If you wish to deactivate or delete a donor tag, click the 'cog' icon at the top right of the manage donor screen to get to the donor setting screen
Within the donor settings screen, select the 'Donor Tags' view:
- Click the 'deactivate' button to the right of a donor tag if you are wishing to hide the donor tag (deactivated donor tags can be viewed using the button on this screen, and re-activated
- Click the 'delete' button to the right of a donor tag if you are wishing to permanently delete the donor tag (deleted tags cannot be reinstated)