How do I delete a payment?
Payments that are ready to be paid are shown within the 'Payments to Set Up' section of the Payments Screen. When you set up a payment via your online bank account, tick the button to the right of the payment to confirm this.
Deleting a payment
Typically, you will only want to delete a payment if either it's a duplicate entry, or you haven't made a payment and you don't intend to do so.
- Payments to Setup - if the payment you wish to delete is showing within this section of the payments screen, click on the purchase that forms this payment (as shown below). Then within the edit purchase screen, click the 'delete' button (bottom left corner).
Note: if a payment is made up of more than one purchase, you will need to do this for the other purchases in the payment as well.
- Payments to Authorise - if the payment you wish to delete is showing within this section of the payments screen, you will need to first click the 'edit' button to the right of the payment, then select 'unmark payment as setup' to move it back to the Payments to Setup section, then follow the instructions above to delete.
- Match Transactions - if the payment has already been marked as set up and has been authorised, it will appear on the right-hand table of the match transactions screen. To delete the payment, click the 'edit' button to the right of the payment, then select 'delete'.
Note: you can edit the purchases within a payment without deleting the payment as long as the amounts for each of the purchases don't change.
Editing a Payment
If you want to change either the purchase that makes up a payment, or change the amount of any of the purchases within the payment, then you will need to first update the status of the payment by selecting the 'unmark as paid' option (rather than the delete options mentioned above). This moves the payment back to the 'Payments to Setup' section of the payment screen from where you can:
- Edit a purchase - by clicking on the purchase
- Delete a purchase - by clicking on the purchase, then within the edit purchase screen, click the 'delete' button (bottom left corner)
- Add a purchase to a payment group - the purchase you want to add to the payment needs to have been entered, receipt checked and approved and be shown on the 'Payments to Setup' table of the payments screen. As long as the payee name for the purchase being added is the same as the payee name for the purchases within the payment group, the payment will automatically join the payment group. It's not possible to group supplier invoices.
- Delete a purchase from a payment group - if you want to delete the purchase, click on the purchase in question, then within the edit purchase screen, click the 'delete' button (bottom left corner). If however, you want to just remove it from the payment group but not delete it, then you will need to:
- Click on the purchase in question;
- Temporarily update the 'payee name' to someone else (this will ungroup the purchase from the payment);
- Then, once the payment group has been marked as paid, edit the purchase again, to correct the payee name.
To help you better understand the Payments module as a whole, please visit the module overview page here.