Purchases Module Overview
The purchase module enables everyone in your team to record purchases and upload receipts digitally without having to fill out paper expense forms and bring these into the office. It’s super quick, it saves wasting paper, and it means someone doesn’t then have to key in all of the data from your paper expense forms each month to create your accounts, saving lots of time too!
Purchases can be entered on any device, and receipts can be either uploaded or submitted via email. Many users opt for using a phone or tablet, where a photo of the receipt can be easily taken and uploaded.
Each user's access can be restricted to just the purchase types and categories assigned to them. There is no need for users to add up and combine multiple purchases; ExpensePlus does this automatically at the payments stage.
Users can track the status and progress of their own purchases themselves, and edit purchases prior to the receipt being checked. Finance Team users have additional permissions to edit purchases, as well as access to view and search all purchases.
Purchases can be split against multiple funds/categories easily. For purchases made in other currencies, there is a daily currency feed that converts amounts into GBP. ExpensePlus has a duplicate checker that runs in the background and alerts users where a purchase being submitted has already been entered.
Watch this short video to learn more about the Purchases Module:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is there an app?
- How do I submit an expense claim for multiple purchases?
- Can I submit purchases on behalf of other people?
- Does the physical receipt need to be kept once it is in ExpensePlus?
- How do Business Card Purchases work?
- How do I record Standing Orders and Direct Debits?
- Is it possible to add more than one receipt?
- What is the difference between a supplier and a payee?
- What do I do if I've lost my receipt?