How to unmatch incorrectly matched transactions
Usually, if a transaction has been matched incorrectly, there will be no need to unmatch it, since you can simply click into the transaction from the Bank Reconciliation screen and update the details. For example, this would allow you to update the description of the transaction or the fund/category it's recorded against.
However, if the 'transaction type' has been incorrectly selected, you will need to unmatch the transaction - for example:
- An income has been recorded as 'other income' rather than an 'invoice payment'
- An expenditure has been recorded as an 'invoice to pay' rather than as an 'expense claim'
How to Unmatch Transactions
- Find the transaction in the View Statement Screen (Reconcile Transactions -> View Statements);
- Ensure the correct Bank Account has been selected, and select the correct month;
- Click on the 'Unmatch' Button to the right of the transaction that you wish to unmatch;
- Click the 'Match Transactions' button at the top of the screen to go and re-match the transaction.